Innovative Technology to Advance a Healthy Marketplace
In our efforts to continue offering our members the best technology, realMLS has started transitioning from reDataVault RETS data feed to the FBS Spark API platform for IDX Data License agreements. The RETS method of transmitting information is becoming dated technology. APIs offer a quicker and more practical process for keeping your websites or third-party products updated. This transition is expected to be completed by the end of October.
You may start to receive notifications from your IDX vendors that they will be changing to the API which may require an authorization from both the agents and/or the brokers. This authorization will come in your email and can be authorized with the click of a button.
Below is a brief summary of how it works:
- When a broker or agent contacts a website vendor to request an IDX feed, the vendor informs the Spark platform.
- Spark contacts the requestor (the Broker for an office website or the Agent for an individual agent website) to obtain their Flexmls LOGIN only. (Do not provide them with your password as it is not required.)
- Once Spark receives the requestor’s flexmls login, they send a Review Approval Request from Donotreply@sparkplatform.com to the email address on file in Flex. Please be sure to watch for these emails.
- When the requestor clicks Review Approval Request, an email is then sent to the Brokerage office for a Review Approval Request.
- Once the Brokerage office approves, the Spark system sends a request to realMLS for final approval.
It’s that easy!
Brokers, please note that after July 31st, realMLS will not accept requests for listing data through reDataVault. Please make your request through your vendor who will then request the authorization on your behalf.
If you need further assistance, please email IDX@realmls.com.