Effective today, you will see some data changes in the Flexmls system. These changes were presented to our realMLS Technology committee and implementation is under way. We believe these changes will help keep you In The Know™ by providing you with accurate data plus ease of use in the Flexmls system.
Some changes you will notice now:
- The Report Violation button has been changed to Report Error.
We encourage you to let us know when you see a mistake or a potential violation by clicking this button. All reported issues are anonymous and we have a team of staff members that evaluate each one to determine how best to handle the error. If necessary, the Listing Brokerage will be emailed requesting them to correct the issue. If corrections are not made or not made in a timely manner, then both the agent and the broker could incur a fine. However, we rarely allow them to get that far without making every effort to reach out to the office/agent. Our goal is to have accurate data, not fine our members.
- For ease of use, if you answer No to the Association Fee Y/N prompt while adding a listing, you will no longer have to complete the Association Amount$ or Frequency prompt. However, if you answer Yes, all the Association related prompts will be required.
- Again for ease of use, if you answer No to the CDD Fee Y/N prompt, you will no longer have to key in the CDD Amount$. Answer Yes, you will be required to enter the amount of the CDD Fee.
- In our attempts to maintain data accuracy, if you respond Yes to the Waterfront Y/N prompt the Waterfront Description detail on the next page will then require you make at least one selection.
Future changes to watch for:
- We are going to streamline the Parking detail to make the entries match in the same format and adding a few new options such as Rear Entry Garage, Attached and Detached Carport, and making Additional Parking and Open Parking numeric
- # of Stories will be required
- Adding Electric Cooktop and Gas Cooktop to Major Appliances
Why and how do we make these changes?
Most of the data changes come from suggestions we receive from you, our members. They are then examined and evaluated to be sure we are within RESO guidelines (a community of Realtors, MLS’s, and technology vendors who are standardizing data in the industry as per NAR). They are then taken to the realMLS Technology Committee which is comprised of a diverse group of members for discussion and voted upon.
We are all working together to keep updated and accurate information available to our members and to keep you In The Know™.